Patent Mapping & Patent Landscaping - IP Landscape Report
IP Mapping the identifies the patent and trademark activities of your
competitors to help inform key management decisions regarding business strategy,
product development, R&D investment and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Patent Mapping - Step 2 to IP Intelligence
Having identified your Intellectual Property assets through an IP Audit, the
next step towards IP Intelligence in relation to your patent portfolio is
gaining a comprehensive understanding of the Patent Landscape. IP Mapping
delivers the following key elements of competitive intelligence in your business
or technology areas:
- Which companies own patents, trademarks & designs in your area?
- Who owns the most patents, trademarks & designs?
- Where have they been active recently?
- What strategy can we infer from this activity?
- What new players are emerging?
- Where do you have IP leverage?
- Where do you have IP exposures?
Making discoveries in the Patent Landscape
Filament's Patent Mapping delivers an easy-to-understand graphic summation of
the IP Landscape and lets you discover a host of information, including:
- What is the history of technological evolution in your area
- Which patents represent fundamental discoveries?
- Which patents are merely incremental improvements?
- Who are the key inventor teams?
- Which inventions are now in the public domain?
Patent Mapping - charting the way forward
While Patent Mapping is historical in its perspective, its primary value is in
allowing a corporation to chart a successful path forward. Once you know where
your competitors are and which way they are heading, you have the vital
information you need to shape your strategic and tactical responses. Filament's
Patent Mapping can help you answer critical management decisions including:
- Which markets can we enter?
- Which markets should we avoid?
- Where should we invest our scarce R&D resources?
- Which companies could help protect and complement our IP?
- Which companies wouldn't enhance our IP portfolio?
Why Patent Mapping is a sound investment
Patent Mapping is essential for modern corporations because its relatively
modest investment can both minimise potential risks and identify significant
opportunity. It can help you make more informed decisions that allow you to:
- Avoid or limit potential litigation
- Prevent competitors encroaching on your markets
- Identify IP assets that can be more fully exploited
- Prevent wasting R&D resources in overly competitive areas
- Acquire companies that strengthen your strategic IP position
Navigating the competitive IP Landscape
IP Mapping tools are readily available but it's the Patent Analysts who make the
difference. Filament's experience in Intellectual Property law and with
technology-related corporations allows us to not just map the Patent Landscape
but provide an insightful interpretation of it. Talk to Filament today about
charting your Patent Landscape.